Unfortunately I have not heard back from the local press or radio as yet. I am hoping for a last minute call before Tuesday, when the guides meet. If not, then I'll try again towards the end of the challenge.
I have decided to start late - the Wednesday rather than the Monday. Few reasons: Monday is a bank holiday so I will be home, alone, all day...so that's just not going to happen. Plus it'll give me more time to get my shopping and last minute things organised. However, mainly its because of my guide group: I want to start my challenge the day after our night of organisation. I want photos etc to get the ball rolling with them and if they think I am organising with them they'll be more motivated!
I always get nervous before I actually start any charity campaign. I have worked pretty hard with what i've got i'd say. I mean, some people do amazing things, my friend Fiona was part of a group who managed to get all but 3 universities in the whole of WALES involved with LBTL. Another ambassador ran a hugely successful campaign last year on campus with creative buzz creators including Limbo games on the street.
There are times I wish I was part of a group, be bigger then just me. However, I am not, I am just me.
Sometimes I wonder how much I can really do, just me.
Then I think about Mother Teresa; 'I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.'
| So it is time to cast my stone! |
Well I read this blog. We all have to start small and I would like to see the Global Poverty Ambassadors get together and be something bigger together.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck with your week and I wish you well in finding sponsors. My LBL blog can be found at this link: http://chrysalisuganda.wordpress.com/2012/05/05/live-below-the-line-campaign-an-alternative-way-to-participate/