Monday, 11 June 2012

End of Polio Purple Party!!

So, getting slightly frustrated at the lack of motion with presentations. Really hoped that being at the community garden would have sparked more, but schools officially out and I've had no replies to my letters yet either.

Sometimes its hard to keep going, when you just feel you are treading water - no affecting real change.

This month the focus is on End Of Polio - an international campaign which aims to, quite simply, eradicate Polio. Polio is a highly contagious viral condition that affects a person's ability to breathe. It also affects the brain stem and core nervous system which can lead to problems in the bones, especially in children.

Polio cases have fallen by a massive 99% in the last thirty years! 99%!!!! That's super amazing! You see we, i.e. the human race, are very good at saving lives. We're eradicated smallpox, an awful condition that killed thousands. It No Longer Exists! Polio can soon also be a thing of the past.

So this month the plan was to give as many presentations as possible and push the Polio message out there. However, I am finding the presentation side of things slow...due muchly to my lack of time in the last month. But I don't want to do nothing!

So I figure I'll just throw a charity night together :) The End Of Polio Purple Party!!

Tickets are £5
Venue: Grosvener Bowling Club
Entertainment By: Total Entertainment
Buffet By: Manzils and Conways Kitchen
Raffle, Quiz with Prizes and Cheap Plonk! 

For tickets please e-mail me at sconway16@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment