This week I have done 3 presentations, all of them with a different theme, vibe and ultimately experience for me.
2
of the presentations were in schools: one to over 100 pupils, and the
other only 30 pupils (catholic school). Both schools are very active in
their awareness raising of global poverty and regulary engage the
children in a variety of activities which focus on the topic. I am
always so amazed by the knowledge of even the youngest students and how
interested they are in the world around them.
Although I do smile with
the noises they make when they see the video of ye old London and there
is shit (literally) flowing into the river Thames.
My other
presentation was in partnership with Ayrshire Fairtrade Alliance. It was
a public event and only around 22 people came. However, the feedback I
received was amazing, I met with a huge variety of people who had
different socio-economic backgrounds and varying degrees of interest is
some of the issues I talked about.
This was the first time I was
properly grilled on the presentation and asked for more facts and
figures. I was so glad I brought my training pack with me; I’d rather
have the right information and was not at all embarrassed about having
to look things up for people. Some of the questions really threw me, but
I think I managed to handle them well, with a degree of
professionalism. Coping under pressure is part of my paid employment,
and I think it stood me in good stead. I managed to obtain quite a few
commitments, which is what the aim of the game is really. These people
all want to know more, be more involved, and wither that’s 10 people or
100 or 1000 I know that it was because of me, and as the saying goes
“every little helps”.
No comments:
Post a Comment