I have been described, on several occassions, as superbly organised, some have even used the phrase "anal-retentive", in fact in one of my placements I was asked to think about wieither my obsession with organisation was actually making my counter productive.
Anyway, you get the picture, the point is that as a result of this need to have things in a linear structure I can sometimes quickly lose focus, and motivation, when things go off-script. If things start to pile up, I panic, can't see the wood for the tress, and all that jazz!
However, I do have the power of self-recognition. So the other I sat and made a to-do list for the global poverty project and drew up a timeline to act on said list. So now I have a wonderful list of people to contact about the presentation, and a clear set of goals to achieve.

The result: a calmer, much happier, activist.
I shall let you know how I get on :)
No comments:
Post a Comment