I am super dooper nervous. One thing I will say is it is definitely doing it in front of a group that you are comfortable with. The girls may be a tough crowd, but they know me and I know them. I talk in front of them every week, so they don't scare me. At first there were maybe one or two girls who were already very active already (members of the fair trade committee at school etc) who engaged, but as the presentation went well the hands began to go up, and I genuinely think every girl there, including me, learned something to night.
On the other hand now that I have got the first one out of the way I am full of hope for future presentations. The reaction was generally of amazement and interest, the 2 adults in attendance made commitments and all the girls agreed at the end that they believed extreme poverty could be eradicated! Pretty much a win in my book!
No comments:
Post a Comment