Hi and welcome to my blog which I am going to use to track my progress as I live below the line for 5 days.
![]() |
| My Breakfast on LBTL last year! |
| My £7 Breakfast!! |
I became interested in global poverty when I attended the Scottish launch of the Global Poverty Project's campaign to end extreme poverty in our generation. I was so inspired that since I have been reading and learning all about global poverty, the impact that we in the West have and the work that is going on across the globe to try and lift whole generations of people above the extreme poverty line.
So why am I doing this. Well I am joining thousands of people across the UK, Australia and the USA because whilst we choose to struggle to Live Below the Line for one week, there are 1.4 billion people who have no choice other than to do it every day.
Think about that figure - 1.4 BILLION - that's over 20 times the population of the UK - living every day to live in the most abject poverty.
"It's not that bad," you might say - "£1 goes a lot further in developing countries". - Unfortunately not. The £1 figure represents the amount someone living in extreme poverty in the UK would have to live on.
And for people who live in extreme poverty that £1 has to cover far more than food and drink - we're talking everything - health, housing, transport, food, education... It's impossible to imagine, but it's the incomprehensible reality for an incredible number of people.
So
if you haven't already then please sponsor my attempt to try and
understand a little of what 1.4BILLION people face everyday of their
lives
or better yet JOIN ME and my Team: Conway's Usual Suspects and raise money, and more importantly awareness, with me!


No comments:
Post a Comment