Tuesday, 3 April 2012

I PASSED!!!

Well after weeks of nerves, anxiety, fear, excitement :the day for me came to present a small chunk of the amazing 1.4billion reasons presentation to one of the amazing people who run the machine that is the Global Poverty Project!

I was secretly glad I got Sam Bacon to present to! Apart from his inherit good looks and charm he is also not Simon Moss. I don't have a particular issue with Simon, in fact I completely admire him as one of the CEOs of the GPP. Thing is, Simon was instrumental in creating the 1.4billion reasons presentation, presenting it back to him is the equivalent of explaining the theory of relativity to Einstein!

As nice, and temptingly reassuring as Sam was (including a well timed compliment) I could feel my palms getting clammy, and a little tremor in my knees! Once I got going though I was totally fine, and apart from a few tiny memory lapses I was very proud of how well I did!

Thing is, I know that public speaking is one of my strengths! For all my days on the peripheral of campaigns and charity events I never felt like I was able to really get involved to the best of my abilities. I can't commit to full weekends, I am not confident enough to get in amongst groups of people, I've never been brave enough to try and do more.

But when I heard that the GPP needed ambassadors, people who could stand up in front of groups and deliver a presentation (which to be fair, could probably sell itself), people who could spend time at the computer, stay active in social media and network at their own pace, I knew, KNEW, that this was my chance to shine. This was my skills, my abilities that were being valued!

As a result I placed way too much pressure on myself to do well, to get through this sign off. And I DID!! So here we go...no stopping me now!!

Because If I can master the chopsticks I can do ANYTHING

No comments:

Post a Comment