One school has got back to me, very interested. In addition I have a community garden group pending approval.
HOWEVER, even more exciting is I have BOOKED my 1st Presentation!
I volunteer with the 19th Ayr guides, and they have agreed to a presentation next Tuesday :))
Also, the girls have agreed to Live Below The Line with me for 1 day! Its part of a badge (well, they are 10-12 year olds, they don't do nothing for nothing...smart girls!) but it's also a huge media opportunity that the local press will lap up big time! Its a great way to get sponsors, but mainly to raise awareness of the issues.
![]() |
| The Badge the girls are working towards! |
The guides amaze me, they have such an amazing awareness of world issues and they ask the most difficult (but incidentally honest) question:
They ask why!
These girls simply want to know why girls, like them, who live in this world, like them, have such terrible conditions, lack of opportunities, no school, and inequality.
For me, this question is unanswerable, I know some reasons, I have some explanations, but I can't give them the answer that they want. What they do know is that doing something is better than doing nothing. So I am looking forward to living below the line with my guides, and hopefully a few other people as well!

No comments:
Post a Comment